Our team of experienced General Practitioners combine their medical knowledge with an understanding of our patients’ individual circumstances to provide the best possible outcome. Our doctors and allied health professionals are supported by our clinic staff who are friendly and always happy to assist in any way to ensure a pleasant experience for everyone.
Services we provide include:
- ECG Heart Assessments
- Insurance and Pre-Employment Medical Examinations
- On-Site Warfarin Monitoring (INR’s)
- Sports Injuries – prompt assessment and treatment
- Home Visits – when needed
- Minor Operative Procedures – such as repairing lacerations with stiches, making plasters for fractures, repairing ingrown toenails
- Chronic Disease Management (incl. diabetes, asthma, emphysema, heart disease, kidney and liver disease)
- Respiratory Function Testing (Spirometry)
- Home Blood Pressure Monitoring
- TAC and Work cover claims
Our skin is out largest organ. Our doctors are keen to work with you to achieve the best possible results for any skin issues you may have such as eczema, psoriasis, acne etc. All our doctors are experienced in common skin conditions and are happy to advice patients with complex or persistent skin issues.
Australia is the skin cancer capital of the world, so it is imperative you seek assistance about any changing or new moles. Your doctor can have a close look and advise you about the best course of action whether it is to watch it over some time or remove it or be referred to a specialist doctor for an expert opinion. Our clinic has the facility to undertake minor surgical procedures so our doctors can biopsy or remove any concerning moles or lesions without delay.
Our clinic also has access to the state of the art Mole scanning technology on an appointment basis. This technology can be used to take an in depth look at any suspicious moles as well as record these so it can be compared at a later time to see if there has been any changes.
Travel is feature in our modern globalised world. Whether travel is for business, pleasure or family reunions, no one wants to fall ill when overseas. Worse still no one wants to deal with hospital bills.
Our doctors are trained to advise you on travel health such as precautions you can take to stay safe, things to look out for as well as any vaccines you may require. Your needs will vary according to where you plan to travel and what activities you like to do when there.
We have the vaccines in our clinic so your travel health needs are comprehensively met under one roof.
Our doctors have many years of experience treating the youngest members of our community. We endeavour to approach children in a friendly manner to earn their trust and respect. Our broad range of services aimed at children include:
- Newborn Assessments
- Childhood Immunisations
- Developmental Assessments
- Adolescent Health
- Common paediatric conditions such as asthma, allergies, eczema, sports injuries etc.
At Wells Medical Clinic we try to address the health needs of women in a supportive, understanding and comprehensive manner. It is recommended that every female over the age of 18 attends their GP at least once every 2 years. It is also recommended that one 20 to 30 minute consultation is made in order for several examinations and discussions to be made.
Important preventative health checks we recommend include:
This test involves taking a small sample of cells from the cervix to be tested for cell changes. While a little uncomfortable, the Pap Test is quick and simple, and allows for the detection of cell changes which can then be treated. Women are generally screened from the ages of 18 through to 70. This test aims to prevent cervical cancer.
Once women turn 50 years of age mammogram screening is arranged. However, it is also recommended that women develop an awareness of their own breasts in order to identify any changes or new lumps. Your doctor can also perform a breast examination if you have any new changes that concern you.
Our Women’s Health services include:
- Pregnancy Testing
- Shared Pregnancy Care with Northern Hospital, Royal Women’s Hospital and Mercy Hospital by Dr Sivabalan who is also a Gynaecologist (Women’s Health Specialist).
- Gynaecological Examinations and management of problems such as menstrual problems, endometriosis and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- A comprehensive Family Planning service including insertion and removal of Implanon, as well as discussion about other options such as the contraceptive pill and Mirena.
- Menopause Management
- Multiple female doctors available
See your doctor for regular medical check-ups to help you stay healthy and to pick up early warning signs of disease or illness. Cardiovascular (heart) disease, diabetes and some cancers can often be picked up in their early stages, when treatment may be more successful. Men are at higher risk of illnesses such as heart attacks so it is imperative that they build a strong relationship with their doctor and seek help in a proactive manner.
When you have a health check, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history, your family’s history of disease and your lifestyle. Your diet, weight, how much you exercise and whether or not you smoke will also be discussed.
If you have high-risk factors, such as a family history of a disease, it may be more likely that you will develop a particular disease. Regular check-ups may help your doctor pick up early warning signs. For example, high blood pressure may be an early warning sign of cardiovascular disease.
General practice incorporates a broad range of conditions. Our doctors will work in partnership with you to attain the best short term and long term health outcomes possible. We try to achieve this through:
- Chronic health management – Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Arthritis, Epilepsy, Depression etc.
- Screening for early detection of Illness
- Care of the Elderly (incl. nursing home visits)
- Driver’s License Medicals (incl. Commercial Licenses)
- Promotion of Healthy Lifestyle
- Weight Reduction
- Sexual Health
Mental health incorporates a broad range of issues that can be improved with support and counselling such as:
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress Management
- Marital, Family and Relationship Counselling
- Bereavement Counselling
Clinical Psychology aims to understand, prevent and relieve psychologically based distress or dysfunction and provide strategies to improve subjective and behavioural wellbeing and personal development. Through a good assessment and specialised counselling many patients benefit from this service and improve their coping skills.
Dr Esma Kurt is a clinical Psychologist who works at our clinic every Tuesday. She can assist with any counselling or psychology problems such as stress management, anxiety, depression. She is able to speak both Turkish and English with her patients.
CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOLOGY
A psychologist can assist with a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, grief and loss, social skills, anger, intellectual and learning disabilities, self-esteem, trauma, abuse, separated families, ASD, ADHD, OCD and more.
A range of methods are utilised in Child and Adolescent Psychology depending on the developmental age of the patient to achieve the best outcomes. These include evidence based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, structured and unstructured Play Therapy as well as Acceptance and Commitment therapeutic approaches. Other therapies include Emotion Focused Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy.
All session are aimed to be child-friendly and fun while utilising a holistic approach to involve the child’s school, family and other professionals when necessary.
OTHER HEALTH SERVICES
In addition to General Practice services, at Wells Medical Clinic, we are very fortunate to have visiting specialist medical services to conveniently support the healthcare needs of our patients.
- Psychologist – Esma Kurt
- Dr Kurt is a clinical Psychologist who works at our clinic every Tuesday. She can assist with any counselling or psychology problems such as stress management, anxiety, depression. She is able to speak both Turkish and English with her patients.
- Cardiologist – Dr Jasmin Agarwal
- Dr Agarwal is our heart specialist who can give expert advice about all heart related matters such as angina, heart failure, valve problems etc. She is available for consultations every second Wednesday.
Our patients can also take advantage of our onsite pathology collection so they can have any blood tests that they require done on the same day as their doctor’s visit.